Let’s talk about ‘The Green Widget’. The latest plugin, framework, library, or CMS that people are talking about. It’s so easy to get caught up in the hype and think that you always need to use or integrate the latest and greatest technology in order to build a successful website. But the truth is, that’s not always the case. In fact, sometimes the best solution is to focus on the actual problem you’re trying to solve, rather than the latest, shiny new technology.
Recently, we have had a lot of people asking if we can integrate AI into their websites. Although in some cases, this would be beneficial, it is important to understand that often the latest technologies and new innovations such as AI, are not always the best solution for your business. There’s always a new framework, plugin, ChatBot, or a new buzzword that everyone is talking about but is it really what your business needs?
Points To Consider
Of course, there are times when using the latest technology is the right solution. But if you’re not careful, you can end up spending a lot of money and time on something that doesn’t actually solve your problem.
- COST- New technologies can be expensive. Not only do you have to pay for the software itself, but you may also have to pay for subsequent training and support.
- COMPLEX- It takes time to learn how to use new technologies effectively. And if you’re not careful, you can end up spending more time learning the technology than actually focusing on your website and business.
- STABILITY- New technologies are often not as stable as older, more mature technologies. This means you’re more likely to run into problems, leading to delays and other issues.
Challenge-focused, Solution orientated
At Prystine, we are committed to providing a ‘Solutions first’ approach to ensure that we give the best and most relevant service to our customers.
Steps We Take
- UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM- What are you trying to solve? What are the specific goals of your website? What are the specific challenges you’re facing? Once er understand the problem, we can start to think about the best solution.
- RESEARCH- Before you decide to use new technology, make sure you do your research. Read reviews, talk to us, and make sure the technology is right for you and your business.
- START SMALL- If you’re not sure whether a new technology is right for you, start small. Use it on a small part of your website and see how it works. If it works well, then you can expand its use.
The bottom line is that you don’t always need to use the latest, greatest technology to build a successful website. It can be tempting to always go for ‘The Green Widget’, but this is not always the best approach. Sometimes, the best solution is not the most complex or cutting-edge.
As web developers, we are always looking for new ways to improve our skills and build better websites. But we’ve learned that it’s not always necessary to use the latest technology. Sometimes, the best solution is to focus on the actual problem and be solution-based.
If you would like to discuss any ideas for your website or issues you might be having, please get in touch today and we can look at a solutions-based approach and if appropriate, choose the technologies that are right for you and your business.