Did you know 95% of cyber security breaches are from human error? 66% of UK businesses have experienced a successful phishing attack and 86% of organisations have had at least one person click on a phishing link. Shocking right?
The security of any company’s website is paramount however the understanding of the impact of cyber security from their employees is just as important.
Educate Your Employees
User awareness training is a type of training that teaches employees about cyber security risks and how to protect themselves. It can cover a variety of topics, such as:
- Phishing Attacks
- Password Security
- Social Engineering
- Secure web browsing
How Training Helps
- Reduce the number of security incidents by educating employees and teaching them how to identify and avoid phishing attacks, malware, and other online threats.
- Improve employee productivity. If employees are aware of security risks, they are more likely to take steps to protect themselves. This helps to reduce the amount of time they spend dealing with security incidents and frees up their time to focus on their work.
- Protect your company’s reputation. Security breaches can damage your company’s reputation with your customers, partners, and investors.
Recognise The Threats
By making sure that your employees have access to the appropriate training, keeping up to date on these topics can help them to recognise fraudulent threats and be more aware of the impact they can have on a business. It helps teach them to: –
- Be suspicious of unsolicited emails, text messages, and phone calls.
- Not to click on links in emails or text messages unless you are sure they are legitimate.
- Don’t provide sensitive information over the phone unless you are sure that you are speaking to a legitimate representative.
- Use a secure browser and strong passwords.
- Only download files from trusted sources.
An Investment, Not A Cost
If you’re a business owner, we encourage you to invest in user awareness training for your employees. It’s an investment that will pay off. User awareness training is an important part of any company’s cybersecurity strategy. Here are some additional tips for creating an effective user awareness training program for your employees:
- Relevant to your employees’ job roles.
- Make training fun and engaging.
- Test your employees’ knowledge after the training to ensure they understand the material.
- Provide ongoing training to keep employees up-to-date on the latest security threats.
As the threat landscape continues to evolve, it is more important than ever for businesses to provide user awareness training for their employees. By doing so, businesses can significantly reduce their risk of being hacked and protect their sensitive data. By investing in user awareness training, you can help to protect your employees, your company, your brand, and your customers from cyber threats.
Get In Touch
For further information, please visit our ‘User Awareness Training’ section. We offer training packages with access to a range of courses and valuable resources for you and your employees to help build your own ‘Human Firewall.’ As part of our offering, we also use phishing simulations, dynamic reporting, and dark web monitoring. Get in touch today to find out more and discuss your needs.