Before we launch into why you should invest in a new website. First, how often should you redesign your website?
For many businesses, this depends on budgets (here’s why your website is an investment and not a cost) but ideally you should look to refresh the design & functionality every 2.5/3 years. You should check/refresh the content either annually or biannual.
Now moving on, here are our top 3 reasons to invest in a new site!
1) To keep up with changing technologies & tastes.
The way technology changes is devastatingly fast.
- 10 years ago web designers used to plaster websites with tonnes of text. Now, pictures and videos take the centre stage.
- 8 years ago online shopping used to be clunky and painful at times. Now, there are plenty of sites with ‘one click’ checkouts.
- 5 years ago mobile web design was an after thought. Now, most website’s are built with the mobile design at the front of their mind.
- And, just a few months ago Google recently stated it would start demoting website’s in its search rankings without an SSL.
Websites built 3 or 4 years ago are mostly likely out of tune with technology and the changing tastes of human interactions with websites.
2) To suit your business’ needs and match your changes.
As the years roll on your business will potentially change its operations, services & products.
You need to make sure your website reflects what you are currently doing and offering to make sure you’re giving off the right impression to potential customers.
Nobody likes to find an out of date website only to call the company and realise they don’t offer those services any more.
3) To make sure you’re ahead of your competitors
This would be from both an SEO point of view and general design. You’ll want to be above your competitors on the search rankings and, well, look better.
For a free, informal discussion about a redesign, or to speak about ideas to improve/update your website contact us.